2021 Environmental Forum Activities - After Action Report
The Environmental Forum had a busy 2021. Here's summary of our activities:
- Held ten Green Drinks virtual events and one Green Drinks in-person gathering.
- Celebrated one specific environmental day/issue each month and published an informational and take-action flier (images and flyers below).
- Held a weekly outreach table at the Farmers' Market during the market season.
- The theme for the 2021 Earth Day was “Restore the Earth” and we celebrated this occasion with 2 events:
- Screened the film “Kiss the Ground,” followed by a panel discussion on the topic by soil conservation experts.
- Hosted an Earth Day Fair at the Farmers Market.
- Supported City Council woman Judith Lee’s effort to pass the Davenport Resolution in support of a policy for Energy, Environmental, and Climate Change Sustainability and Resiliency.
- Participated in the St. Ambrose University Sustainability Fest.
- Supported the NAACP Environmental Justice Committee Events.
- Participated in several local cleanup efforts.
- Participated in the Mississippi River Cities & Towns Initiative to collect plastic waste data.
- Worked with Rock Island County residents to address the issue of the closing of the recycling centers.
- Worked with the Davenport North High School Environmental Club students on their environmental projects.
- Actively participated as a member of the QC Earth Coalition and River Action Steering Committee.
- Supported NAACP Environmental Justice Group events.
- Initiated the QC Voter Turnout/Voter information project.
We have made our 2021 Monthly Environmental Celebrations into two flyers. They print off nicely back-to-back to make a perfect placemat for the family. We have attached the flyers here as pdfs of Side 1 and Side 2.